Top 5 paintball guns for new players
As much as playing paintball is fun, you wouldn’t feel the same way when searching for the proper paintball gun that will suit your needs perfectly. The main problem in finding the right choice of paintball gun is that there are tons of of paintball guns available in the market to choose from. Obviously, there is bound to be utter confusion in selecting the proper ones given the vast array of paintball guns available. The current market of paintball guns is filled with great paintball makers that cater perfectly to the needs of beginners but there are many varieties that fall short of their expectations. That is why it is important to identify top paintball guns currently available in the market which can fulfill the requirements of an amateur paintball player.
Why not make a decision judging by the price of the paintball guns?
The reason why we cannot take this approach is that in some situations, price does not necessarily determine the quality of a paintball gun. There are many more criteria that are equally important in determining if a particular paintball gun is suitable for a player. Remember a particular gun cannot suit every possible paintball beginner. That is because every other paintball player has his or her own style of playing and a certain level of skills which must be taken into account when searching for the perfect paintball gun. If he is a speedball player he might choose a model which is fast firing and has an Autococker and an e-trigger which can fire rapidly.
On the other hand, a woodsball player would prefer a more tactical model having many simulation styles. There is a perfect paintball gun model for you irrespective of whether you are a pro or a beginner. For beginners, it is easier to make the wrong choice of paintball guns due to lack of information on the most suitable paintball gun for the level. This article intends to help beginners in choosing the right paintball gun and save time and money in the course.
Top 5 paintball guns for beginners
The names and details of the top 5 paintball guns are given in brief below.
|Name||Spyder MR100 Pro||Tippman US Army Project Salvo||Tippmann 98||Tippmann US Army Alpha Black Elite||Tippmann Cronus
|Pros||Design, accuracy and versatility||Versatility, accuracy and overall package||Universal Picatinny rail system, ease of use, reliability||Easily upgradable, Picatinny and removable magazine||Accepts many accessories, durable, great price vs value ratio|
|Cons||Range||Heavier Weight||Unsuitable for advanced players||Less popular||Less appeal than the 98-custom model|
Spyder MR100 Pro
The Spyder is one of the most trustworthy paintball gun makers in the market and their product the MR100 Pro doesn’t fail to impress. Let us have a look at some of its features.
- The design of this gun is quite similar to that of the Tippmann Cronus.
- Yet its barrel is longer and its accuracy is enhanced with the help of a sturdy stock.
- The design entirely comes in black which is great as far as appearances of paintball guns go.
- The paintball marker is made with high-quality materials which are built to withstand anything thrown at it.
- Its versatility is boosted by the double tap default trigger which makes it suitable for both speedballs as well as woodsball.
- Its range is also quite decent thanks to the increased length of the barrel.
- Its attractive design
- Enhanced accuracy
- Sturdy build made of high-quality materials
- The range is not quite up to the mark compared to others, but it is still decent enough for first-timers.
Tippman US Army Project Salvo
According to me, this is one of the coolest paintball guns as far as looks are concerned. It is easily one of my favorite guns for playing woodsball and other indoor rec-ball games. Overall this gun has all the desired technicalities and looks perfectly badass to complement its features. One of the best choices of paintball guns for beginners as well as intermediate level players. Let us have a look at its features.
- The marker of the gun is pretty awesome and provides the gun with a more realistic look. It is also great for playing simulation games.
- The Salvo comes in a good neat package along with a collapsible gear stock, red dot light, and a great front grip. This package increases its versatility making it fit for whichever type of paintball game you wish to play.
- It can combine effectively with the cyclone feed system to provide you with a fantastic paintball marker which can help you dominate the field whenever you want to.
- Now what these accessories do is that it increases the weight of the gun to a certain extent. Some might like that but mostly a lighter gun is always preferred. Yet the added weight boosts the simulation element and hence is pretty advantageous.
- The accuracy of the gun is enhanced thanks to the long-sized barrel. The accuracy level is perfect for plays which are non-tournament.
- The sheer versatility of the gun.
- Longer barrel for added accuracy.
- The overall package is fantastic
- The weight is a bit on the heavier side.
It would actually be an understatement if I said that the Tippmann 98 is one of the most well-known paintball guns in the whole world. First-time buyers of paintball guns who are actually beginners in the world of paintball look for affordable paintball markers which will serve the purpose for which it is intended. This is where the Tippmann 98 beats the draw.
Most local shops have to back order these models constantly due to their consistent demand. Cheap paintball guns can never come close to the value for money that these models provide. This marker is a very tried and tested model and little wonder why it is one of the most favored paintball guns for beginners in the world of paintball. The popularity and reliability of this marker can be observed when we see advanced paintball players keeping this model as a backup even when using a high-end paintball gun after many upgrades. This is the perfect gun for beginners who are constantly looking for ways to upgrade their gun by adding accessories.
- It is utterly easy to use and thoroughly reliable.
- It has a universal Picatinny rail system which allows the inclusion of optics additional such as the red dot which helps in the sharp acquisition of targets.
- It is mechanically operated and is powered by HPA or CO2.
- The rail system integrated into this model allows it to be upgraded at any time.
- Although it is an entry level marker, you can add a flatline barrel anytime and increase its accuracy and range.
- Its accuracy and range
- Universal Picatinny rail system
- HPA powered and mechanically operated.
- Ease of use
- It is an entry level marker unsuitable for advanced players.
Tippmann US Army Alpha Black Elite
One of the constant mainstays of any list containing names of paintball guns suitable for beginners is the Tippmann Alpha Black Elite. It is the same old reliable Tippmann marker with some new added features.
- It is acceptable to newer upgrades and accessories including Tippmann Cyclone feed system, Egrips and Response Trigger.
- Picatinny is also provided with the model which allows the addition of aftermarket Tac-lights and even a Tripod accessory.
- It is also able to accept electronic trigger kits.
- The magazine can also be used as a storage carry handle and is also removable when you want to attach aftermarket scopes or sights.
- Upgradable model and accepts many varieties of accessories.
- Picatinny is also provided.
- Removable magazine.
- Reliable model with fair range and accuracy.
- Not as popular as the other names on the list.
One of the better makes of the whole range of paintball guns solely because of its more realistic and tactical looks. It can also be referred to the improved version of the 98-custom model of Tippmann. You can find that this model is very positively reviewed all over the Internet and that is mainly because of its accuracy. Moreover, its price is also reasonable and pocket-friendly which makes it a great buy considering the price range.
- It has an optional barrel shield and a stock which can be removed when needed.
- It can be easily upgraded into an intermediate level gun and hence it is preferred by many beginners and intermediate players as well.
- Various accessories such as Egrips, red dots, lights can be added to the Cronus with the help of the rail system it is supported with.
- The durability of the product is quite impressive making it one of the most preferred choices of paintball guns for beginners and intermediate players alike.
- Accepts many kinds of accessories
- Strong and durable.
- Great range and accuracy.
- This model provides a great price vs value ratio and beginners love getting that.
- Many prefer the 98-custom model due to its authentic appeal.
It all comes down to your choice at the end of the day. But our assurance is that if you purchase any of the paintball guns from the list provided then you wouldn’t be on the losing side. Still, if you ask for my opinion I would go with the Tippmann Cronus because it is reasonable priced and packed with advanced features.