Top 5 High-end Paintball Masks
Paintball is one of those sports which can give you an overwhelming feeling when you get introduced to it. New paintball players are always eager to jump in and enjoy the fun, but before you think of stepping into the playing field there are a lot that needs to be taken care of beforehand. First and foremost, you need to choose a paintball gun appropriate for you. It must have all the desired attributes, it must suit your playing style and finally suit your budget. Care must be taken when choosing the paintball gun as it is the most important equipment you need for playing the game. After you have taken care of that, then there is the choice of protective gears that requires your attention.
Among the whole set of paintball protective gears, the most important one is definitely the paintball mask. Not only does it guard your face against getting hit by the paintball but it also protects your eyes from any possible injury. The mask is no doubt the second most important thing to buy after the gun if you are planning to go into paintball. But herein lies the same problem, choosing the right paintball mask for your face. Because of the tons of varieties of masks available in the market, choosing the right one among them can become very laborious and time-consuming.
If one decides to filter through each and every variant of paintball masks available in the market then one won’t get enough time for actually enjoying the game. This is why prospective buyers need a list of the names and details of the top specimens in the market. We have done all the filtering ourselves and brought to you a list of the top 5 paintball masks along with their details and features.
This list intends to tell you about the top products in the market among which you can choose the product suitable for you. The information you receive through this article should be sufficient enough to educate you when making a choice on a paintball mask for a game of paintball.
Tips for buying a paintball mask
Every paintball player starting to get acquainted with the world of paintball is bound to get utterly confused by the large variety of paintball masks available in the market. But then again, confusion is the root to clarity. The paintball masks available for sale comes in all kinds of shapes and sizes, making it more difficult for buyer to choose accurately from them. Here are few tips that can come in handy (especially to beginners) when trying to figure out the right paintball mask for themselves.
- You must consider the look and style of the mask before buying it. Masks are available in many styles such as the full head cover, exoskeleton type, and visor-style mask etc.
- The ease with which you can change lenses.
- Check if the mask suits the shape of your face. Every paintball player has a distinct shape of face which makes it impossible to find a single mask suitable for all face types. People with higher forehead will require a mask whose lenses are large or else they will end up exposing their forehead.
- Customization of the mask is another important aspect one must look at. Most of the masks aren’t customizable but it is better to have a mask that supports the use of additional snaps and straps so that the comfort level is spot on.
Top 5 paintball Masks
We have analyzed the pros and cons of the top 5 paintball masks available in the market and have listed them below for your perusal. Have a look at them and decide wisely.
|Name||Dye i4 40099||HK Army KLR Goggle||V-Force Grill Thermal Mask||Sly Profit LE Goggles||VIO Extended Thermal Masks|
|Pros||Attractive looks, Functional UV lens, 100% coverage||Comfortable, durable and strong make, changeable lens||Built-in forehead bounce panel, lightweight yet strong, UV lens||Very comfortable foam, double mask straps, larger lens||Larger size, durable design, thorough ventilation|
|Cons||Bit highly priced||Price is on the higher side||Might not suit advanced players||Earpieces make it a snug fit||Low profile|
Dye i4 40099
One of the most preferred masks among the large variety of masks available is the Dye i4 40099. Its features are listed below.
- The most attractive aspect of this mask is its look which is very attractive. Your opponents are bound to waste a few seconds admiring your paintball mask except if they themselves wear it.
- Other than that, it provides excellent protection to the entirety of your face providing a coverage of 100%.
- The UV lens also manages to impress with its pop in and out facility.
- The vent at the bottom adds to its comfort factor perfectly and also allows you communicate properly with your teammates during battle.
- Although it is the most high-end paintball mask in this list the money is well worth the facilities it provides. Serious players competing in paintball competitions will undoubtedly choose this.
- Attractive and sharp looks.
- Easily pop in and out UV lens.
- Vented at the bottom for proper comfort and communication.
- Total coverage of the face ensuring complete protection.
- The cost is fairly high which might not suit every player.
HK Army KLR Goggle
This is one of the mid-range choices of paintball masks available though it is not largely cheap. It has been made keeping comfort in mind.
- The paintball mask is highly flexible because it is composed of durable plastic that allows the mask move in sync with your movement.
- It is a fine blend of comfort and protection which not many models can claim to offer.
- The lens of this model is quite large and hence the view provided is really nice. This particular mask provides a huge tactical advantage over your competitors unless they are wearing the same model.
- The lens can pop in and out with ease allowing you to change quickly enough so it becomes convenient for you to clean the mask when not in use.
- The combination of comfort and protection.
- Quick changeable lens which are larger than average paintball mask models.
- Durable and flexible make.
- A bit pricey but overall value for money
V-Force Grill Thermal Mask
Our favorite of the list is arguably the V-Force Grill. It is surely not the cheapest one but it is highly cost effective. Beginners will find this model very suitable for their game. Even at an advanced stage, this model has the potential to serve you well.
- Made using high-quality plastic and rubber this mask is very durable
- Yet it won’t slow any player down as it is also lightweight.
- Strong chin strap which holds the mask in place.
- It has a forehead bounce panel built into it which helps in absorbing the shock of the hit and protects your lens from it.
- Lens is boosted by UV protection.
- Durable make using quality rubber and plastic.
- Lightweight and easy to wear around.
- Built-in panel for forehead bounce.
- Strong yet flexible chin strap.
- UV protected lens.
- Not very effective for advanced players yet good for intermediate.
- Not the costliest yet a bit pricey.
Sly Profit LE Goggles
Now, this is one of the high-end paintball masks which though functionally brilliant has some issues with its make. That is why it is advisable to try this mask out before you think of buying it. Notwithstanding, within its price range, this might be one of the most comfortable masks to wear. Let us take a look at its features.
- Strong and sturdy build that protect the face entirely.
- Earpieces provided inside the helmet that gives a snug fit to the wearer.
- One of the softest foams any paintball mask can get is provided in this mask.
- Large lens providing a wider view of the player.
- Comes with two mask straps.
- Larger lens that helps the player take in more of the view.
- The most comfortable foam a paintball mask can get.
- Two mask straps provided for a firmer hold of the mask.
- Not many players like the snug fit that the mask provides due to its ear pieces. Most players feel that they are wearing a motorcycle helmet. Players like a bit of room inside their masks.
VIO Extended Thermal Masks
The last one on our list is one of the most preferred high-end masks for intermediate players. There are many admirable features of the mask that make it so desirable.
- The large size of the mask helps provide complete coverage of the player’s face hence providing complete protection and more space around the jaws.
- The product is spectacularly flexible as it is made of quality elastomer. Moreover, it is very comfortable as well.
- Due to the larger size of the mask its ventilation is quite impressive. The air will flow distinctly through the VIO Extend with every breath.
- Larger size
- Comfortable ventilation
- Flexible and durable design
- The profile of the mask is quite low.
While choosing the perfect paintball mask the first criteria that one must be looking at is the amount of protection it can provide. The mask must have a complete ear and facial protection minimally. Then comes the comfort level of the mask. Finally, the appearance and personal preferences come into consideration. If you ask for my opinion on this list I would go for the V-Force Grill Thermal mask but rest assured any product within this list will not fail to impress you.