Family bonding game on Christmas
Hi guys, it is almost that time of the year. Yeah you guessed it, Christmas. Just some couple of days more and I have been racking my brain on the perfect game to play with my quite large family during this special holiday. As the events coordinator in my family, I have been saddled with the task of coming up with exciting games for the family during special events like Christmas and Easter.
So after a lot of brainstorming on places to visit or games to play, it hit me, why don’t I organize a paintball game for the family. Although the older ones wouldn’t be able to participate in the game because of their lack of agility and speed, it could still serve as very entertaining to them as they watch the younger family members battle it out for victory. Yes, my family is fairly large and I have a lot of cousins within my age group, so the more fun we are bound to have from a paintball gun.
To make this paintball match a reality, let’s take a look at the key things I need to do before that Christmas day.
- Find a location for the game: Luckily for me, we all travel to our home town, and our town house has a very large compound the game can take place in. We just need to set up some obstacles and cover. With the location set in stone, the next thing to worry about is the paintball gears.
- Paintball Marker: So it’s going to be a six against six grouped into two teams, so that’s 12 paintball guns with around 6 additional backup guns. Our top 2 contenders for the paintball guns are Empire Axe and the TippMan Chronus reason being that they are world class paintball guns best suited for competitive play. The Empire Axe is equipped with multiple firing modes, ranging from single shot mode, ramping and full auto. The Tippman chronus is known for its accuracy and long distance shooting, with reported capacity of 280 -300 Fps. For a more detailed review of the best paintball guns, click here.
- Paintball Mask: This is a must buy for the paintball game as we don’t want to risk injury to the eye. Like the paintball guns, we will be purchasing 12 main paintball masks with around 6 backup masks. When purchasing paintball masks, you should purchase top quality masks which can protect the face very well and reduce greatly the risk of injury to the eye. Recommended paintball masks to buy includes the Proto Switch EL, TippMan Valor, Dye Precision 14 and Empire E-flex. For a complete list of recommended paintball masks, click here.
- Paintballs: What is a paintball game without actual paintballs? Of course this is a necessity, we will order quite a copious amount of quality paintballs on amazon to make the game an enjoyable one.
- Safety Gear: For maximum protection, we will be getting the necessary safety gear including chest and back protectors, neck protectors and paintball gloves.
- Batteries: We will be getting a quite a number of batteries to power the paintball guns. We wouldn’t want a short game of paintball simply because the batteries ran out. So all paintball players will be advised to carry spare batteries.
- Air tank: An air tank is also very important because without it there can be no paintball as the paintballs are fired from the paintball gun by means of compressed air.
So there you have it, the important equipment to purchase for your paintball games coming this December. Hope you indulge in this very interesting game with your family for a fun filled Christmas. Here is wishing you a merry Christmas in advance.