Top 5 Paintball Gloves of 2018
Paintball is the latest craze to take over the world. This high-octane, adrenaline-boosting game can be enjoyed amongst groups or random strangers and can be a lot of fun to partake in; however, players can get confused when they encounter the wide range of gear that comes into play when they partake in the sport. The player not only needs to choose a gun, they need to choose the one that suits their preferred type of weapon and can have all the features they need. The gun also needs to be light enough to carry without strain, whilst being sturdy. While the paintball gun is the most important part of it, the player also needs the best quality protective gear they can find.
While paintball pellets don’t hit hard enough to cause a wound, they can be pretty painful and cause some pretty terrible bruises. This necessitates protective gear to ensure players don’t accidentally harm others or themselves. Amongst the protective gears, one of the most necessary is the glove. The glove can help to protect the fingers and arms when the player is shooting and can help to prevent the gun from accidentally slipping off. Since the hand is the adage with which the player uses the gun, it can be beneficial to go for a good quality glove to help give them an advantage in the sport.
With a very vast range of paintball glove available in the market, both online and offline, it can be quite hard to actually find one that works and allows the player to enjoy the game. Navigating through individual items can be a nightmare. A compilation of some of the best products on the market can help the user navigate the market better and thus, here is a curated list of some of the best products on the market along with their features.
A few overall tips for buying paintball gloves for first-time buyers
When any paintball player is beginning to get acquainted with the world of paintball, they are bound to get quite confused by the wide array of paintball gloves that can be found in the market. Paintball gloves come in a number of sizes and designs which vary from brand to brand which may be quite difficult for a novice buyer to navigate and find the one that works for their necessities. These are some of the things to look for when considering buying a paintball glove that works and gives them the protection they need.
- A number of different types of gloves can be found in the market and can be considered by the user, such as the full coverage gloves, fingerless gloves and half finger gloves. Find the one that offers mobility without being too chunky.
- Look for gloves that allow the user to adjust the closure at the wrists.
- Check if the gloves are your size and check if the gloves are of standard sizing to ensure that they fit properly as with an ill-fitting glove, it may be very hard to grip the gun properly.
- Ensure that the gloves do not make the palms sweaty as this may negatively affect grip and target.
The top 5 paintball gloves in the market
Here is a quick glance at the pros and cons of the individual products.
|Name||Valken V-TAC Half Finger Gloves||Voodoo Tactical Liberator Gloves||Empire BT Fingerless Gloves||Planet Eclipse Gen 4 Full Finger Gloves||HK Army Pro Gloves|
|Pros||Fits Well, Reasonably priced, Unrestrictive movement||Works in wet and dry environments, good amount of padding||Low cost glove, the exterior shell protects from pain.||Great fit, comfortable to wear.||Snug fit, great grip.|
|Cons||Not enough padding||Sizing issues, with sizes being too small||Sizing issues with sizes being too big.||The material on the palm is not too sturdy.||The construction is poor and the gloves can rip.|
Valken V-TAC Half Finger Gloves
This is one of the best half finger gloves available in the market and boasts of a wide array of features that include-
- The gloves have a breathable covering of padded mesh at the back of the hand to prevent sweaty palms which can be an issue in an adrenaline-charged game.
- It features a flexible armor which is made out of good quality plastic on the main portion of the hand for added shielding from the shock of the paintball.
- It has a half-finger design which is crafted to allow most of the hand to be well covered and protected while allowing the fingers to be free to have better control of the trigger.
- The palm of the glove is lined with a substance to prevent abrasion.
- The glove has an elastic and adjustable Velcro closure to ensure a snug fit for all hand sizes.
- They are pretty unrestrictive and fit well.
- The pricing is very good on the model and one gets enough bang for his buck.
- The gloves do not restrict your movement and allow freedom of movement.
- The rubber is soft and malleable and helps deflect pellets.
- The gloves do not offer adequate padding on the top of the hand.
Voodoo Tactical 20-9873 Liberator Shooter Gloves
Great for all types of wet or dry environment, this glove is one of the best in the market and offers a number of features that include-
- This is an all-rounder shooting glove.
- The glove works in both wet and dry environments and can be excellent for paintball or combat training practices.
- It is made of goatskin leather and the palm has a digital leather palm patch for added durability.
- The sponge padding offers an additional protection from shocks.
- The wrist closure is a hook-n-loop closure for added security.
- They are comfortable to wear and fit well.
- The gloves have an impressive overall look and look really interesting and can appeal to people.
- They prevent sweaty palms which can be a real problem when you are dealing with normal leather gloves which can make your palms really sweaty.
- The gloves have a nice amount of padding to protect your fingers during paintball fights.
- The sizes tend to run a little small.
Empire BT Fingerless Gloves
Our favorite of the list is arguably the Empire BT Fingerless Gloves. It is a cheap one but really efficient. People will find this model very suitable for their game.
- It has a comfortable fit as well as durability as a protection glove
- It comes with a Nylon mesh which will be handy in summer time
- The hard shell will definitely offer protection against hits from balls
- It is available in a variety of sizes like small, medium, large and extra large
- It’s cheap and good for a budget baller
- High adjustability due to velcro strap
- Protection against pain due to a fabulous exterior shell
- Available in a lot of size choices
- If the size is too big for someone there might be some issues while pulling the trigger
Planet Eclipse Gen 4 Full Finger Gloves
This is one of the high-end paintball gloves which is functionally brilliant. It is one of the more high-end products but definitely delivers a bang for the buck. It is a cult favorite with the pro paintball players due to the impressive list of features stated below.
- It has integrated layer of soft padding to cover main impact areas
- Improved air flow due to meshed vents on the fingers
- Improved grip even when it’s wet due to built-in resin palm
- It offers supported enclosure with the velcro on the wrist
- Kevlar integration to take on impacts
- Great fit and protection for the player
- Comfortable with great air flow and impact protection
- There might be a slight issue with the material near one’s palm, as it might undergo a little wear and tear on the grip of a rental marker.
HK Army Pro Gloves
This is a more high-end glove and can be great for more advanced players who want something strong and sturdy to last.
- The gloves have a sleek and formfitting design for optimal fit.
- The glove is padded with neoprene at the hand.
- The palm features a silicone grip for optimal grip.
- The mesh lining boosts ventilation to the gloves.
- The two-finger less design can help players to rapid fire.
- The fit is snug without being too tight.
- The two fingers less design helps with pulling the trigger and can look amazing with the pop of color.
- The gloves are ideal for paintball.
- The stitching is poor and the gloves can rip.
While choosing a paintball glove that is perfect for use, the first thing that needs to be looked into is the level of protection it gives to the wearer. The glove should offer coverage and padding however, it should not restrict the movement and allow the user to grip the paintball gun properly. The glove should fit every size and have an adjustable closure for a snug fit. The overall appearance and personal preferences can come into play as well. While personally, the Empire BT Fingerless Gloves is a good choice when you are picking something that is affordable and gets the job done, however, any of the ones mentioned in the list does work.